The following 21 muscle building tips are bullet form for quick and easy reference. You’ll find more detailed discussions on each point on the rest of the site…
Twenty one tips to help you Muscle Building
1. Workout your daily energy requirements and add 500kcals per day. Click here for the formula.
2. Eating enough quality protein is essential for muscle build. Aim for 1g per lb of bodyweight.
3. Eat unrefined carbohydrates with a low glycemic index, i.e. whole grains.
4. Take an essential fatty acid supplement like flaxseed oil.
5. Lift heavyweights in the 6-12 rep range for muscle building.
6. Train 3-4 times a week at most.
7. Train each body part intensely, once a week.
8. Cycle your program over six weeks or so to avoid over-training.
9. Drink plenty of water, about 2 to 3 litres per day.
10. Consider using creatine, one of the only muscle building supplements to be backed up by independent research.
11. Keep rests between sets to about 90 seconds.
12. Limit your workouts to 45-60 minutes.
13. Free weights are superior to machines for muscle building.
14. Get plenty of rest and sleep between workouts.
15. Use a meal replacement powder if you struggle to make 5-6 meals a day.
16. Accentuate the negative movement on all exercises.
17. Have one day a week off from dieting or one week every 12 weeks.
18. Concentrate on compound exercises like squats, bench press and deadlifts.
19. Avoid doing drop sets and supersets every set and every session.
20. Limit your intake of alcohol to no more than two units a day.
21. Read the reviews of Gaining Mass and Muscle Building Nutrition. They are two of the best weight and muscle gain programs available.